How to use content marketing to appeal to your customer?
LO1: What is content marketing?
Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.
- Content Marketing= Content+ Distribution
- Why good content matters:
Good content can be spread across all social platforms.
Help brand to create mass awareness
- STRONGER BRAND LOVE
Consumers mostly remember on content & brand that make them Wow & deliver true benefits for them on Social
- Content Marketing Infographic Inforgraphic
- Types of contents
- Viral Videos (Visual Marketing)
- Real-time content
- Interactive content
Viral Videos :
- Precise-based content: Extraordinary content
Volvo (US) promote stability and precision of truck. Look at Volvo! The sophisticated man, the catchy song create the epic TVC for its truck ever.
→ US style, not many words, short and implied.
- Into-the-life content: Real, close to life, cozy, drive to emotional
E.g: Thai insurance → County of Buddhism , content closed to people, the love for everything, etc.
- To-the-extreme-feeling content
- E.g: “Dump way to die” campaign of Australia.
-> Attract customers by a gentle approach but attractive, lovely with humorous content and extraordinary. This campaign won millions of awards through out the globe. The brand appeared in the end.
Advantages: – The way to tell a story
– Make use of the customer journey’s research: find all the possible touch-point where brand can interact with customers.
Orea example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9UqFGKcNWg
Following trend content:
Excellent Kitkat: Kitkat real-time marketing Kit Kat scored a major real-time coup with a single tweet. This quip ended up as the most retweeted brand tweet of all time. That message, poking fun at Apple for the pliability of the iPhone 6+, did resonate widely, but it’s not all Kit Kat has managed in terms of real-time marketing.
Advantages: More engaging with customers
Disadvantages: Risky and easy to make mistakes.
Interactive Content : Customisation or personalisation
- Video about the danger of mobile using while driving by Volwagen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlxjng8h3Tc
- Mc Donalds’ personalization: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kBHbawAQR8
- Cocacola interactive vending machine or Cocacola personalised bottle with name written.
Advantages: Thanks to those campaign, customers will proactively share, engage with their friends and the brand will spread.
LO2: Content marketing strategy
STEP 1. IDENTIFY YOUR BUSINESS OBJECTIVES (STARTING FROM SCRATCH)
STEP 2. COMPOSE YOUR CONTENT MARKETING MISSION
STEP 3. GENERATE SOME STARTER IDEAS THAT FULFILL YOUR MISSION
LO3: How to create effective content for your audience?
- Customers relation
- Customer engagement
- Customer loyalty
- Brand awareness
Define the Social Strategy
Select Content building model
Capitalize content trends
- Customer engagement
- Content creation
- Content creators